Monday, January 17, 2011

camera strap

I have always wanted to make my own camera strap and today it finally happened!
I decided to use leather since it's durable and non-slip.
First I cut out the new strap. Notice I used the natural edge of the leather on one side.
I also cut out 4 small half circles to attach the webbing to the strap.

Then I cut off the black webbing from the old camera strap and attached it to the leather.
(be sure to use a LONG stitch when using leather. It looks better and is more secure)
And to secure it all together I did a fun zig-zag stitch.

Try it! It only took about 30 minutes and now I am not advertising for Canon everywhere I go (don't worry Canon, we're still friends).

1 comment:

  1. WOW that's really awesome! What a neat idea? :) I think I'm going to have to try it! Just stumbled upon your blog and can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete