Friday, March 12, 2010

Early Bird

My boys are quite the adventurers. But that doesn't mean I don't enjoy the occasional errand run without the "troops" if you know what I mean. When I go to the store during daylight hours I will no doubt have three little helpers come along. By the time I have successfully navigated the supermarket perimeter, unloaded groceries from the cart, bagged my groceries, put the groceries back into the cart, loaded them into the trunk and buckled three adorable boys into their car seats I am exhausted....and ready for a tall glass of Odwalla Strawberry Monster C.

 My solution : 6 am grocery shopping. It's great! No long lines, no persistent requests for grapes that are $4.99/lb., no one bruises my tomatoes, and the only seat belt I have to worry about is my own....phew. I do miss the comments from veteran parents telling me to enjoy them while they're young because they grow up so fast. Very True. But that's something I can reflect on while I sip my tall glass of Odwalla Pomegranate Lime Juice...yum!

Now if I could just convince Trader Joe's to open at 6 AM we'd be golden!

Do you take your kids to the grocery store with you?

No comments:

Post a Comment