Wednesday, January 12, 2011

low expectations = high excitement

Christmas presents are quite simple around our home. I don't make a big fuss about "what do you want Santa to bring you this year?" That way there are no let-downs. 
Usually I find used or almost new toys and so far they have been a BIG hit. I keep it to about 3 or 4 presents per kid. 

By the time you throw in presents from both sets of Grandparents, cousins, friends, extended family, etc; there are a lot of presents under the tree.

This year I went ALL OUT and they each had at least one BRAND NEW present.
 I think my personal favorites are the hand-made gifts. Sterling is quite enamored with the Pixar film Wall-E. 
Great movie......
but it didn't do so well in the toy department. 
So rather than give up on giving him a Wall-E toy, I decided to make my own. Say hello to Eva, she is now a family favorite!




 And Christmas wouldn't be complete without some quick work for Puj. I will have to tell you about this sewing machine sometime....I LOVE IT! It is the very machine my mother bought herself in college. Hooray for all machined metal parts!
Thanks Mom!

What is your Christmas morning tradition?

No comments:

Post a Comment